Monday 1 June 2015

Cute little wall panels

Addicted to Art Shabby Chic Wall Hanging

Time for the start of a new challenge over at Country View Crafts and the theme is selected by the super talented Astrid, who I am sure most of you know.
For my first make I decided to do some little wall panels - they are just cheap MDF panels 6 x 3 inches.

I have used Paper Artsy fresco paints - including crackle glaze on both the panel base and the heart (die cut from greyboard and doubled up for strength.)


The little bottles were treated with mod podge and then Tim Holtz distress crackle paint. When dry I added alcohol inks to the bottles. I added some little flowers and glossy accents in the base of the little jars to look like water and to hold the flowers in place.

This was a bit a mistake! The green on the stalks leaked into the glossy accents turning my 'water' muddy green. So I added some alcohol ink to the glossy accents too. Still a big mistake - 3 days now and it still hasn't set - I wonder how long it is going to take! LOL.

 I thought this was going to be a simple little project but it turned out quite fiddly - but I do like the finished result (if it ever sets..). I think my favourite is the green one...


Thanks for looking
Nikki xx


19 comments:

  1. Lovely trio of panels Nikki. I love the cracked glass effect and nice to know that your experiments in spite of the minor setbacks look BEAUTIFUL! I agree, I like the green one too, my fav color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your pieces Nikki! Fab take on the theme! My favourite is the blue one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your pieces Nikki! Fab take on the theme! My favourite is the blue one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are just beautifel Nikki.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh how beautiful is this! Love all of them Nikki,brilliant creations,love the crackle. How about linking these up to MMW?
    Big hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous set of wall hangs, these will brighten up any room you hang them in! Love the crackle, such a wonderful mix of old and new with those fresh white flowers! Just beautiful Nikki! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. gorgeous little hearts x loving the crackle x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning..such wonderful ideas and beautiful colours

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Some stunning 'aged' crackle and what a gorgeous, perfectly shabby chic trio! Love his Nikki!! Oooh by the way, I've not got round to posting this yet (time seems to get away from me) but you won my crafty pay it forward tag! When you get the chance just send me an email with your addy and I'll pop it in the post :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely wall panels. Adore them,
    hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. The crackle looks amazing on the hearts and also on the bottles - you perked up those panels beautifully! Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think these look wonderful - hope the liquid has set by now - really love them and I think I like the green one best too! Hugs Rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I agree with Rachel - the green one is my fav but they are all three seriously lovely. So quaint and simple but yet they make such a statement. Really great creativity - three times over!! j.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those are beautiful Nikki, wonderful textures and colours!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nikki these are so cute. Love the idea and the way you decorated them. The crackle looks fabulous ! Thank you for sharing. Hugs Monica. Spain

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh wow Nikki I totally adore this!! Each of the panels looks brilliant by itself, but having the three together is genius, they look so classy and would make for a fantastic art piece on any wall!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello Nikki,
    Great looking wall panels, the gorgeous bottles juxtapose with your Hearts wonderfully.
    Smiles:)
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  18. Simply charming wall panels, Nikki! Love all your crackling! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful weathered crackle, and I love the gentle simplicity of these - a lovely triptych.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. Nikki