Wednesday 19 August 2015

Tattered florals and grungepaper...



For my second creation for the Country View Crafts August challenge - Summertime - I have created this textured canvas.
I started with a layer of gesso and once dry used distress paints to give it a little colour. I added some tissue paper to create some wrinkles and some texture paste around the edges to provide a border.

My flowers were made with grungepaper - with a layer of gessoed card stuck on it (makes it strong but still pliable). I make sure the gesso is stippled rather than smooth so that a little texture is there for highlighting with treasure gold or dry brushing. I cut out and painted my tattered florals flowers before highlighting. I added some air dry clay flowers too and finally dry brushed the whole canvass with a darker blue and added some treasure gold to highlight the textures.



Nikki 
xx

9 comments:

  1. This is stunning with the amazing textures and beautiful flowers

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful Nikki, I love the texture you created on the background and the flower, the accenting with the Treasure Gold gives a wonderfully opulent finish. Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning! Love the texture and such gorgeous flower arrangement! Thank you for this wonderful inspiration Nikki!
    Hugs :)

    Samra
    Paper Talk with Samra

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous textures , its a fabulous piece Nikki.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is so beautiful Nikki - I adore it - gorgeous! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful textured and colored background! And your big flower is amazingly grungy metallic! Love it, Nikki!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow - I just love this, Nikki - beautiful textures and gilding, and I love the metallic sheen of the flowers.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all the texture and the gold kissed flowers! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. Nikki