Just stopping by to share a card I made a while ago but never found chance to blog it! I recall this may have been based on one of Tim's tags? I have used a mask to cover my bird before playing with distress inks and paints on the background.
Home Sweet Home is the new challenge over at A Vintage Journey today. I decided on a canvas inspired by one Paul Cheney did a while back - here.
I also thought I would use my new distress paints - wow they are bright!
I randomly painted stripes onto my canvas and merged the colours a little with my finder. While drying I cut my house out of thick card.
I forgot to take more photos at this point! I cut a mask out of copy paper and placed it in the centre of my canvas and then sponged mermaid lagoon paint around the outside. Once dry I added picket fence through the scribbles layering stencil (keeping the mask in place over the middle).
I cut my letters out of thick card and dabbed them with paint before adding glossy accents.
I love these new colours but I dont think I will use all four together next time - a little bright for me!
I love this technique, using embossing powder to protect some of the surface. You can see how I used this on another tag and some more detailed photos - here.
I began my tag with random inking in various colours and once dry I added versamark through the rays stencil and embossed with clear powder. I covered the whole tag in black soot ink and then wiped it away from the embossed areas.
I cut my tattered floral flowers from grungepaper with card stuck to it. I like this combination as it is sturdy but flexible! I dabbed some gesso on to create some texture and once dry dabbed various paints on too until I was happy.
My numbers were pre cut grungeboard numbers which I painted with the same colours.
Our September challenge at Country View Crafts is Numbers - use numbers in your project whichever way you chose. For my first creation I have made a my first Christmas card. I wanted to use my new snowflakes layering stencil.
A distress paint marbled background was created and once dry I added some ink through the stencil.
My numbers and poinsettia were painted with aged mahogany distress paint and I added some puff embossing powder to the numbers and corners of my card.
I will be back on Thursday with my second numbers creation - not Christmas this time!