Saturday 21 May 2016

Inspired by Kassa

Addicted to Art - Tim Holtz Butterfly Duo - Painted canvas
Hi everyone and welcome to my 300th post! Wow how did that happen and where does the time go?
I have been meaning to post these for a while - completely inspired by some recent creations of Kassa Hayselden - do check out her blog! 

First I played with a canvas - lots of distress paint colour in lines and splatters and then an upcycled picture frame. My butterflies are Tim Holtz butterfly duo - and I added sparkly mod podge to give a bit of sparkle to my dark images! 
Addicted to Art - Tim Holtz Butterfly Duo - Painted frame
Some close ups:

I would like to enter:

Till next time - happy crafting
Nikki
xxx


16 comments:

  1. Genuinely. Brilliant!!! Kassa will be thrilled to know she's inspired you to create these two amazing canvases. I'm hoping that like me you'll become a canvas/reverse canvas addict as you absolutely nailed these two. Pinning xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lush Lush Lush
    Awe they are beauties, so full of color and life - I looooooooves em both Nikki <3
    Thanks sweets :-)))
    Mwah xoxoxo
    kassa x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful project! Love the variety of colors! Thanks for joining along with the MMMC :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Nikki, both are completely stunning! You really have captured Kassa's style brilliantly, I am in complete awe!!!

    Thank you so much for joining in our 'Celebrate Your Style' challenge at Anything But Cute. Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely stunning! Nikki x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Nikki! What a beautiful pair of canvas'! I love this darker side of you, but the colors really pop and make these fresh from my point of view! Thank you for Celebrating Your Style with Anything But Cute. Hugs! Sara Emily DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. The beautiful colours on these canvases caught my eye straight away Nikki, absolutely gorgeous, love them both. Mo x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Simply stunning Nikki, gorgeous effects you've achieved
    Hugs
    Donna Xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely Gorgeous!! I LOVE your canvas!! Thank you for playing with us at The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely stunning canvases, Nikki! I am completely in love with these!
    Thank you so much for joining in our Celebrate Your Style challenge at Anything But Cute! Hugs! Branka DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a gorgeous waterfall of color behind your beautiful butterfly! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a lovely painting! Those colors are so vivid and work great together. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous colours Nikki! Deb xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. Nikki