Friday 5 January 2018

One stamp - 2 colours

Tim Holtz Flourish stamp and Distress  Oxides and Inks - Nikki Acton
Hello!
I am very pleased to be joining the Craft Stamper Take it Make it challenge Design Team for 2018! Our January challenge launches today and as usual it is Anything Goes with Stamping.

I decided to have a play with Distress Oxides / Inks and one of Tim Holtz's large background stamps. I am planning on using more colour in 2018 so I went quite bright - just using Wilted Violet and Twisted Citron.
I made a few panels to start off - varying how I inked the background and whether I inked or stamped first - just to get some subtle variations. Lots left over after the 2 cards I have made so far!
Tim Holtz Flourish stamp and Distress  Oxides and Inks - Nikki Acton
For one I added an Alison Bomber quote:
Tim Holtz Flourish stamp and Distress  Oxides and Inks - Nikki Acton
And the other a birthday sentiment - as I need a card early January!
Tim Holtz Flourish stamp and Distress  Oxides and Inks - Nikki Acton
Thanks for stopping by - see you soon
Nikki 
x


7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous cards Nikki, love the colour combo you’ve used
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Nikki on joining the CS Make it Take it team! Your cards are wonderful, I really love your bright colours and the sentiment on the first one is brilliant. Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely cards and so good to look ahead to the colours of Spring :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous! Lovely colour combination! Good to see you at Craft Stamper! Congratulations!Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really gorgeous zingy cards Nikki and love the colour combination. Congratulations on your Take It Make It news too.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, those distressed panels are beautifully done - lovely work - and the bold contrasting colours are so zingy. Just what's needed to brighten up a grey January day (though today's been better than some!). And one of my favourite poets into the bargain. Fabulous!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oops - and of course many congrats on your new DT appointment! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. Nikki