Friday 18 April 2014

Pink - me!?




Hi everyone, hope you are having a good Easter weekend.

Over at Clarity it's a monochrome challenge and somehow I have gone all pink!
At the Artistic Stamper the challenge is Texture and Embossing.
It's Anything goes at Addicted to Stamps, Crafty Hands and Everybody Art.

I painted my tag with some acrylics and chalk paint. I used the Clarity Brick stencil to create my background wall using grunge paste. I added various red tones of Distress inks and also gilding wax to highlight the texture. Also added a bit more brick just with the inks and also stamped some of the little Clarity birds to finish the background.

I stamped and clear embossed the Clarity Edelweiss and bird from the journalling set and coloured with waterbrush and DI's. Then cut them out. I stamped the Clarity Today phrase and cut out the 'vision of hope' and 'a dream of happiness' rather than use the whole sentiment as I wanted the butterfly as my main feature.

The base layer of the butterfly was stamped and coloured directly onto the tag. I then used alcohol inks and glitter to colour some acetate (there is a name for this process but cant remember it!). I stamped the Clarity butterly, embossed and cut it out, shaped it a little before adding to the tag.

I died some prima flowers and material scraps to to finish my project.

Nikki xx


13 comments:

  1. What a surprise Nikki.........pink! Not what I expected at all. I always like your work as there is always so much detail there. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful tag, the butterfly looks stunning.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely tag and such a soft pink. Its very pretty. Hope you have enjoyed entering the Clarity Challenge and good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely, once again Nikki. Good luck with the challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yup, it happens to all of us sometimes!! Fabulous tag, and lovely to have you play along with us at The Artistic Stamper.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning tag Nikki! I adore how you did the background, it looks fabulous with the colour fading towards the centre to give that stunning butterfly real pride of place! I am not really a pink girl usually but this is gorgeous!!

    Thanks so much for adding it to our challenge at the Artistic Stamper nd have a very happy Easter!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great tag! Fantastic design! Thank you for entering it in to the Clarity Challenge, and good luck! X

    ReplyDelete
  8. fantastic tag Nikki , thank you for entering the Clarity challenge and good luck

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning Tag Nikki, good luck in the Clarity Challenge and Good Luck.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous!!!
    Thanks for playing along with us at The Artistic Stamper Nikki.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very nice tag. The colors are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is really clever Nikki - love how you have just used the brick stencil around the edges so it's not too overwhelming. Must get some grunge paste and have a play sometime!! Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well I always love a good Tag but I am going all pink myself with our challenge this month, I love this its a great Tag, lovely wall, and looks great in pink monotone. Good luck with our Clarity Challenge. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. Nikki